Sunday, July 27, 2008

School's Out For Summer.....Well Not For Me

The kids may be singing from the mountain tops, forgetting about their 8pm bedtimes, and cramming in double time video games and movies. I, however, am hard and fast into college and have yet to have a break. My summer break, you ask? In two weeks. I get one week off. ONE WEEK! WTH?! I guess these are the days of being a responsible adult and doing the things I need to in order to provide a better life for my child and family. I'm positive I'll love the salary I'll have after graduation and I find a job in the "corporate world" of lawyers and paralegals. I know I love my profession. I don't know which field I'll go into yet. Gone are my days of trying a job for a few weeks and then bailing when I don't like the hours or the people I must co-exsist with for 8-10 hours a day. I'll have to suck it up and seriously think about my choice of career. Family law? Social work? Eitherway, I'll be drowning in paperwork, putting in long unaccustomed hours, and hopefully be driving the car of my dreams in a few short months. Yes, I still work from home. Yes, I still love it. I'm starting to feel like I am going to school for nothing. To have something to fall back on? Sure. I'm sleepy, the kids are in bed and I am dying for my pillow.

No comments: