Saturday, July 22, 2006

Shhh....The Kids Are Sleeping........


Ok, so now that dinner has been eaten, bubble baths taken, pajamas put on, and two very energetic rugrats have been laid side by side to watch Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events, I find the time now to relay my day to you. Since this morning I've been unpacking boxes, putting my kitchen together (which looks very good), and hanging various pictures and knick-knacks around this 2,987 square foot home of mine. It is all coming together quite well. We decided this afternoon to rip up the carpet in the back of the house and lay tile throughout all of it. Maybe we'll leave the carpet in the kids rooms, not sure yet. I still need to get the curtains picked out and put up in my room and the kitchen needs some curtains hella bad. I'm just so damn worn out already. The kids have to be up early so their Mother can pick them up for church, and after that you can bet your sweet ass I'll be crawling back into bed to enjoy the rest of my lazy kid-free day. I don't hate having the kids here, I love their laughter and running around like a loon in the backyard with them. I hate the sore knee, back, and feet for three days after they are here. The seven-thirty alarm shouldn't be too bad since I've already laid the kids' clothes out, and all I have to do is Ally's hair and Clay's too. Breakfast should be easy enough since cereal is just about the only thing they'll eat that early. Well, it's 9:45 and I need a long, hot bath and my soft bed. Until next time....

No comments: