Friday, December 23, 2005

Caution: Emotions Ahead

It's only days before Christmas, and I am in the worst of moods. For some unknown reason, not one thing about this year has been memorable. The year, 2005, has brought hard-times, tears, heartbreaks, and sorrow. This is the one chapter of my life that I am happy to be writing the last few pages of. Between losing loved ones and moving on in this unforgiving world, there seems to be little time for anything else. At the tender, young age of nineteen, I'm proud to say that I've figured out the five most important things in life; family, health, friends, jobs, and integrity. These five things are like balls; family and health being glass, and friends, jobs, and integrity being rubber. The rubber balls will always bounce back, but once broken, the glass balls can never be replaced. As I sit here, in the dark, performing the one activity that I love so much: writing, I realize we're only promised today. Tomorrow is something a lot of people will never get to see. No matter how shitty I believe my day has been, or how tired I am, I thank God at the end of each and every day for my family, and my health, because honestly, everything else in life is just rubber, it'll bounce back. So, from this day forward, when I feel like giving up or giving in because I've had a bad day, someone is running their mouth, or I'm just hating life for no particular reason, I'll remind myself: It's just rubber........

1 comment:

Mommy Meg said...

Welcome to my home away from home...stick around and see that things only go downhill from here!