Monday, December 05, 2005

Old Friends and New Beginnings

In the past 2 weeks, I've gotten 2 calls from friends that I haven't talked to in almost 2 months. When Eddie called last week, at 10:30 on a weekday, I was more than happy to answer the phone. He "saved" me from the horrible, depths of hell of a nightmare that I was having. We talked for about an hour and a half, just catching up on each other's lives and making plans that will probably never see the light of day. Then last night, I was sitting on the couch relaxing after a work out from hell that, by the way kicked my ass, and my phone starts singing the usual "Lemme see if you can run it, run it..." It's Johnathan. He's Eddies' best friend, roommate, and accomplice in crime. I answered the phone and we did the usual "what's been going on", "how are you", catch up bullshit. Now Johnathan is usually very chipper,happy go lucky, always in a good mood. Last night, he sounded like someone had just run over his favorite dog. I asked him what was wrong and kinda ran circles around the question, so I decided not a push it. We talked some more about work, and families, and going out, and then got off the phone so I could get to bed. I'm brushing my teeth and washing my face, and the phone starts singing "Come Monday" by Jimmy Buffet, this is the "text message" ringtone. Who other than Johnathan. He says "It was good to talk to you, stranger." I agree with this, Johnathan was a great friend, and fun to hang out with. We just got tied up in our lives and calling was beyond either of us. Anyhow, we made plans to hang out Tuesday night, so I guess that's what we'll do. Heres to old friends and new beginnings......

No comments: