Thursday, December 01, 2005

Good Cough Medicine = Bad Dreams

In the land of Meghan, I rarely get to bed before 9:00 p.m. during the week. However, on those rare occasions that I do make it in bed before then, I am bound to be jolted from sleep, for some unknown reason. Last night, was anything but an exception. I left work at 3:30 to pick up a friend's daughter from daycare and run a couple of errands before I went home. After all the "rat-killing" as my father calls it, I got home around 6:00 p.m. I was tired, I was hungry, I wasn't feeling well. I resolved myself to pajamas, cajun-chicken salad, and the comfort of my couch. I had taken some cough medicine around 7, so I didn't wake myself up in the middle of the night, and must've fallen asleep on the couch. Well, true to kitty-cat form, Hemp woke me up purring really loud in my ear. I pushed her off, turned off the t.v., and crawled into my bed. Within minutes, I was sound asleep. I'm not sure how long after that the nightmares started. I was having one of those "real dreams", where you can feel yourself in it, and doing everything thats happening, you get the idea. I remember sitting by the pool, I was in an episode of cops, and wearing some god-awful plaid dress. I stood up, because my father,the cop, was telling me that it wasn't safe to be outside anymore. I got it, put on a hideous bright orange jacket complete with orange boa feathers around the neck and sleeves, and walked outside of the pool area. Out of nowhere, three girls appear whom I must've been friends with. Next, I feel myself walking towards the stairs, and talking to the mystery girls. I turn around to see where my father is, and out of the dark, a man appears. The man is dressed in jean, blue jean jacket, and kiss make-up on his face. He is carrying a baseball bat, and a gun. I yell at my dad that he is fixing to shoot us, and feel my heart start pounding and all of the sudden everything goes black and I feel myself get shot, and quit breathing. I woke up, covered in sweat, crying, standing up in the middle of my bed, and talking on the phone. Eddie, thank god for him, must've called and woke me up because I don't remember answering the phone. I just remember getting some apple juice, sitting on the couch, and feeling so relieved that he had called, and
Me:"Eddie, I am so freakin' happy that you called."
Eddie:"Why? Whats wrong?"
Me:"I have having a horrible nightmare!" (and I go on to explain it to him)
Eddie"See, I knew you needed me, so I called."
Me:"Your the fuckin' greatest ever. I love you sooo much right now!"
Eddie"I know you do. How have you been doing, aside from the nightmares of getting killed?"
**we talk for about an hour, just catching up on the latest in each other's lives, because we haven't talked for about a month. After we got off the phone, I crawled back in bed and sent him a text message that said "It was really good to hear from you, you saved me tonight." It wasn't too long after I got back into bed, that I fell into a deep, undisturbed sleep. When I woke up this morning, and all day, I've had this feeling that something is really wrong. I can't figure out what, or who, or why.....it's just a feeling of uneasyness, unsure, and something really bad. I've been in a weird, cautious mood all day, like I'm waiting for the sky to fall or something. I thought I had figured it out when I almost got ran over this morning, but that wasn't it. I work in downtown Houston, and people here are a little less than genius drivers. I was crossing the street(the little walk man sign was on) when a man that had just turned the corner slammed his truck into reverse, and came barreling backwards right towards me. I just barely jumped onto the curb when he slammed on his brakes, inches from me. What did the asshole do? Rolled his window down, smiled, and waved; as if to say "Sorry 'bout that"........I have no idea why he was going backwards on a one way street in downtown Houston, but I wasn't sticking around to find out. Anywho......here's to Eddie and his impeccable timing last night....I love him so freakin' much......

No comments: